Do you want to work with Jorge Cervantes and THC University?
This is for serious applicants only! We are looking to fill a partner position. You must be able to play both the roles of a manager and instructor.
We are looking for an Extraction Specialist who will be responsible for using gas and oil extraction techniques, and is familiar with CO2/Butane/Water extraction processes to create incredible products for our brands. We are looking for someone with great attention to detail and record keeping capabilities who is ready to work using existing methods and programs, while simultaneously seeking to invigorate new and inventive methods to increase production yields and efficiency. Management experience is preferred but not required. Communication skills are a must as you will be working with different teams and management.
• Responsible for the preparation and execution of extraction and processing of product in accordance with the state and local standards.
• Ensure consistency and efficacy of product through quality control testing and procedures.
• Perform all assigned duties required to ensure a clean and safe production facility.
• Follow all defined Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to insure the highest level of food safety.
• Complete the sanitation of all production equipment and tools including work space, lab equipment, containers, and appliances. Assists with the creation of batch production records and labels in accordance with the state standards.
• Ensure the appropriate information is accurate and listed clearly in accordance with the state standards.
• Work in state-approved laboratory to send samples for regular testing of extracted product and document all results for compliance with state regulations.
• Ability to master and control all equipment in a laboratory-type environment including Butane, Ethanol, CO2 extraction.
• Ability to follow SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures).
• Performing preparatory & post-processing functions using chemistry instruments and methods,
• Performing extractions and infusions using state-of-the-art equipment.
• Providing well-organized and detailed data
• Following strict compliance protocol
• Working in a production style environment. Expect to perform demos, live courses and online videos.
• Applicant must have at least 3 years of experience performing botanical extractions through various techniques.
• A background in cannabis extraction & chemistry is preferred, although not required.
• Must have a self-starter mentality.
• Be reliable yet flexible.
• Have a clean background.
• BA or BS in Science, Business or equivalent experience is preferred.
• Candidate must have strong analytical, mechanical, written and verbal communication skills. Must be organized, enthusiastic and dynamic.
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (i.e, weighing product, and regular inventory).
• Must have ability to meet department goals, yields and cost. In addition, candidate must be able to communicate effectively and work well with others in a team environment.
• Must possess acute problem solving skills coupled with a strong mechanical aptitude.
• Must be highly motivated, detail oriented and be able to work efficiently in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent research and data organization skills along with experience following strict SOP’s a plus.
• Experience in sub critical and super critical CO2 extraction methods as well as the purification, separation and isolation of various compounds of cannabis a plus.
• Minimum 1 year of laboratory experience required. Medical Marijuana industry experience a plus.
• Candidate must be willing to work a flexible schedule; including weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time, along with frequent bending, ability to lift up to 50 pounds and push up to 100 pounds with assistance